PDA

View Full Version : Dump Russian Vodka (that'll teach'm)

blueboss
08-02-2013, 12:06 PM
The story reads due to the recent Russian ban on all that is "gay", an American sydicated columnist has promted a protest in the US for all bars to dump their Russian vodka in support of the ban. So in a show of solidarity gay bars in New York and San Francisco (amongst others) began dumping their Russian vodka out in the streets. The most poular brand of Russian vodka is obviously Stoli and that's what is being targeted along with other brands.....

Here's the thiing, this is a bonehead move for a couple of reason one of which the article points out;

Number 1 is that the Stoli that is shipped to the US is distilled by a privately owned company in Luxembourg

Number 2 is the bars that are dumping this stuff out in the street (much to the delite of the alcoholic contingency of the homeless) have already purchased the vodka and they are pouring out their potenial profit, and purchsed inventory out in the street. There goes your liqour cost for the month!!!

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/08/02/19834721-bartenders-dump-russian-vodka-in-protest-to-anti-gay-law?lite=

BigBlueBrock
08-02-2013, 12:48 PM
Vodka is disgusting anyway

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

suncat05
08-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Never liked vodka.

CitizenBBN
08-02-2013, 02:04 PM
I love vodka but don't drink the Russian brands very often. Kettle One mostly. Life's too short for cheap booze.

Thought this might have been about Snowden. It is silly to pour out what you have, just don't buy any more, but that doesn't make the same emotional statement for some folks.

SalsaKat
08-02-2013, 02:05 PM
Maybe they're hoping that sympathetic customers will be more likely to patronize their bar if they seem them doing this? Or less likely to leave if they don't see any "Russian" vodka on the shelves (which would of course be dumb but nobody ever claimed the general public wasn't)?

While I agree with the sentiment the execution does seem way off.

bigsky
08-03-2013, 08:13 AM
Maybe they're hoping that sympathetic customers will be more likely to patronize their bar if they seem them doing this? Or less likely to leave if they don't see any "Russian" vodka on the shelves (which would of course be dumb but nobody ever claimed the general public wasn't)?

While I agree with the sentiment the execution does seem way off.

"More Russian girls, less Russian vodka". I could dig it.