PDA

View Full Version : OT: Poll re our auction schedule

CitizenBBN
07-30-2013, 01:01 PM
As some folks know among my few different job titles I'm a licensed auctioneer in Kentucky. We're debating the future of our auction scheduling. Custom dictates auctions are usually on Saturday mornings, but as we operate out of an indoor gallery we can really have them whenever we want. We have one on thursday nights, the primo stuff on Saturday morning, and you see them on all different days around the country.

I'm debating moving the schedule around to have no saturday day auction, just evenings. The reason is it seems to me more and more people have less and less time on Saturdays these days. No definitive decisions, just speculation.

So I'm wondering, assuming you were interested in going to an auction for something you saw of interest, which day would it be? Consider though that we do live internet bidding as well as the people "in house", so I'm asking also when you'd rather be on line bidding as well as when you'd rather come to the auction in person.

Lfbj00
07-30-2013, 09:53 PM
If it was something I was truly interested in, and could be there in person, then I'd be more inclined to a late Saturday afternoon/early evening timeframe. But that's only because of my work schedule being on 3rd shift. On-line bidding could be anytime.

Darrell KSR
07-30-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm partial to the Thursday evening one. Nice night, just before the weekend hits, or the start to an early weekend (back in college type days). Works for an auction, too.

PedroDaGr8
07-31-2013, 12:45 PM
My only other thoughts are a lot of people bid on auctions while at work so maybe just before or just after lunch time would be a good idea too. I see that on ebay often times things that end at 8am go for much cheaper than things at 11am or later (up to around 4pm then it drops for a bit then comes back up).