PDA

View Full Version : Gov't Knows Best? White House creates 'nudge squad' to shape behavior

dan_bgblue
07-30-2013, 12:17 PM
We are from the government and we are here to help. (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/30/govt-knows-best-white-house-creates-nudge-squad-to-shape-behavior/)

From CBBN in another thread this morning

I have very little doubt remaining.

I'm sure he has a vision of America that he thinks he is helping. The problem is that America has nothing to do with the reasons America was founded nor the goals that were set out for it. Not a single damned thing.

he views us as a deeply flawed nation and people, "clinging to our guns and religion", and has nothing but contempt for the core values of individual liberty upon which and for which this nation was founded. He is intent on destroying those values as much as possible, making us as dependent on and under control of government as possible so as to make it possible to implement his core values upon the People.

This should remove any remaining doubt you have

CitizenBBN
07-30-2013, 12:50 PM
I never really had any. I just keep hoping things aren't as bad as they appear. They are that bad.

Behavioral science by government to mold behavior of its citizens. yeah, that's a good idea. Will improve efficiency. Except for the fact that the Founders in their wisdom knew that the last thing in the world we wanted was an efficient government. We want a government hamstrung and ineffective. The most effective, efficient governments are dictatorships, fascist regimes. The Nazis ran like a Swiss watch. We want gridlock and inaction, it was built into the system at every level on purpose.

The Great Experiment is over. Looks like 200-250 years give or take is about as long as individual liberty will last before the morons sign it over in promise of free cell phones.

Doc
07-30-2013, 01:09 PM
The federal gov't has long "nudged" for certain behaviors. Mostly its done through taxes (to discourage behaviors) and tax credits (to encourage other behaviors).

I did chuckle at this though:

"Behavioral sciences can be used to help design public policies that work better, cost less, and help people to achieve their goals," reads the government document describing the program, which goes on to call for applicants to apply for positions on the team.

What the hell does the government know about "cost less" and "work better"? This must be some other government because it sure isn't ours.

dan_bgblue
08-08-2013, 06:24 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/08/obama-administration-using-housing-department-to-compel-diversity-in/?test=latestnews