PDA

View Full Version : Show us some teeth. We need to see teeth!

badrose
07-25-2013, 10:18 AM
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/24/darrell-issa-reveals-yet-another-potential-obama-administration-scandal-thats-against-the-law/

suncat05
07-25-2013, 03:02 PM
You know, all of this is all-well-and-good, but nothing is going to be done about ANY of these situations. We have Harry Reid controlling the Senate, and apparently Boehner is too much of a little girly man to do more than talk bad about anybody.
Nothing is going to get done about any of this except for a lot of talk. Talk is cheap. And unfortunately for our country, cheap talk and no action is what we get with everyone in the Executive Branch, the Supreme Court, and both houses of Congress.

I do have some premium grade rope, though...........

CitizenBBN
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
These things are usually tough to prove and even tougher to use against the real people making the decisions. Typically what makes these things significant, and thus the reason administrations don't go this far, is the media roasts them so badly they pay in spades with lost political capital.

The reason this administration is rife with abuse within the federal bureaucracy is that they know the media won't hold them accountable if they started shooting people on the front steps of the buildings. With the Fourth Estate refusing to do its job, actively working to protect these abuses in many cases and refusing to champion them in every case, this White House is able to get away with the grossest of abuses against federal civil service laws designed to prevent corruption and insure adherence to the law above the current political holder of a given office.

This is old school Chicago politics at its best. Corruption, abuse of power, insider deals, ignoring the law and the obligations of office. Chicago only turned against Capone after the St. Valentine's Day Massacre went too far. Given what they've let pass for Obama I have no idea if anything including gunning down overly talkative federal employees with Thompsons will finally get them to realize they are selling out to a person who isn't the President they think they are supporting. I really don't think anything will do it.