PDA

View Full Version : They call me Carlos.......... Carlos Danger

Doc
07-24-2013, 11:14 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/in-new-york-all-eyes-on-anthony-weiner-scandal/2013/07/24/1069862c-f4a5-11e2-9434-60440856fadf_story.html

What a doofus, and mostly I'm talking about the wife. Bad judgement or stupidity, you decide. Personally I don't care if Carlos take pictures of his junk. Fine, his business but it does show something about his character and what a lying fraud he is. Pseudo apology 2 years age and nothing changed. Upon reflection, seems like the perfect politician

CitizenBBN
07-24-2013, 11:48 PM
The NY media are calling for him to quit, as if anything he's done so trumps the misbehavior of all the other politicians they've supported in their papers. lol.

I saw one headline (didn't read it) asking if we really wanted an addict as New York mayor, I assume saying that he's a sex addict of some kind. I thought "better than a fascist control freak." He's a mess, but so is Bloomberg, just in a different way. In fact Bloomberg's "issues" have far more impact on people.

Not saying I'd vote for the guy, but between him and bloomberg and this was his only failing? Yeah, I probably would b/c texting women naked pics of himself would be preferable to deciding what size drink I'm allowed to consume.

Besides, New York elects a lot of nut jobs for mayor. Feisty, angry men with issues. Just don't let him have a cell phone and they'll be fine. :)

CitizenBBN
07-24-2013, 11:50 PM
PS - re the wife, nothing confuses/shocks/saddens/otherwise draws my attention more than the spouses who tolerate seemingly endless amounts of this nonsense. I don't condemn them, I just find it sad and confusing and completely understandable all at the same time.

Doc
07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
The NY media are calling for him to quit, as if anything he's done so trumps the misbehavior of all the other politicians they've supported in their papers. lol.

I saw one headline (didn't read it) asking if we really wanted an addict as New York mayor, I assume saying that he's a sex addict of some kind. I thought "better than a fascist control freak." He's a mess, but so is Bloomberg, just in a different way. In fact Bloomberg's "issues" have far more impact on people.

Not saying I'd vote for the guy, but between him and bloomberg and this was his only failing? Yeah, I probably would b/c texting women naked pics of himself would be preferable to deciding what size drink I'm allowed to consume.

Besides, New York elects a lot of nut jobs for mayor. Feisty, angry men with issues. Just don't let him have a cell phone and they'll be fine. :)

Problem is he is both an addict and a control freak. He is yet another antagonistic politician who aggressively attacks political views other than his own rather than compromising to find common ground

As for the wife, I see something innately sad and weak in a woman (or man) that would tolerate and except such behavior. IMO it shows a lack of respects. I see it that weiner lacks respect for his wife, and a lack of judgement. Meanwhile I see a woman who tolerates this as have a lack of self respect

badrose
07-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Win or lose, he'll get a sizeable chunk of the vote, considering. Such is the culture there.

CitizenBBN
07-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Problem is he is both an addict and a control freak. He is yet another antagonistic politician who aggressively attacks political views other than his own rather than compromising to find common ground

As for the wife, I see something innately sad and weak in a woman (or man) that would tolerate and except such behavior. IMO it shows a lack of respects. I see it that weiner lacks respect for his wife, and a lack of judgement. Meanwhile I see a woman who tolerates this as have a lack of self respect

Agree with both points. I wouldn't vote for him b/c of his other views, which like Bloomberg and so many New York politicians at all levels is more about control than liberty. As for his wife I feel bad for her that she feels this is the position she has to accept in life.

A LOT of people are stuck in a relationship (spousal, familial etc) that they could extract themselves from but don't feel they can for some reason or another, so they live with things they don't deserve to live with. Not little things like "he won't put the toilet seat down" but stuff like this, that is soul crushing of a person.

suncat05
07-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I watched her interview tonight on TV. Personally, neither one of them will ever be nominated for sainthood, and they're BOTH responsible for what happened. She is as guilty as he is because she enticed him to do it, and it's obvious that he just can't control himself.
They both are reprehensible.

CitizenBBN
07-25-2013, 08:26 PM
didn't see it suncat, what was her involvement in it? Is she a participant in this behavior in some way?

Doc
07-25-2013, 11:01 PM
As an aside .... I don't get this at all. I know lots of folk send pictures of their "stuff". Maybe I would to my wife, maybe but unlikely. I'd be worried I accidentally sent it to one of my kids! So I don't get the sexting addiction

suncat05
07-26-2013, 08:03 AM
CBBN-she admitted that she was openly flirting with him and that she knew who he was, and even told him that she "loved" him. So to me, she is as guilty as he is because she knowingly and willfully encouraged him to do what he did.......and then yells "WOLF!". She's no better than he is, period.

As I previously stated, they are both reprehensible.