PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Line Prediction: Does UK Win Title This Season? I Say 38-2 And YES!!

Darryl
07-23-2013, 08:20 AM
I have never been more confident going into any UK season. The only years I was AS confident was
1978, 1996, and 2012. Those worked out.

I was ALMOST as confident in 1970, 1984, and 2010. Those didn't work out......

Darryl

UKHistory
07-23-2013, 08:22 AM
Darryl,

What did you think in 1986? Any recollection? That first Sutton team was one of my personal favorites and spent the entire summer going through matchups and breaking down the upcoming season.

Darryl
07-23-2013, 08:27 AM
That team was pre-season #11 in the AP and most thought they would be good, but I was
unsure they were national title worthy. There were some very good teams that year; Duke,
UL, Kansas , etc.

So what is your bottom line prediction for this season?

Thanks, Darryl

anderwt
07-23-2013, 08:44 AM
I'm 33, looking back, I loved the 96 team, but actually felt just as confident in the 97 team until DA got hurt..

Another inkling is I had more confidence in the 2011 team than the 2010 team by tourney time..3 point shooting

I had super high confidence in 2012. One cause that team had that buy in factor from the start and I will never forget the Cal interview that summer before the season. The guy was glowing lol.

I overreacted last year to the hype, then I saw Harrow in the blue white game

This year I LOVE the team we got. My only worry is the twins attitude and it's a very tiny concern. The reason why I'm not near as confident as 2012 is college basketball is freaking loaded next year..The double header on Chicago in november could be the final four in April. Throw in UL, Ok state, UF(walker, pending) UT, Baylor , Cuse, Michigan, Arizona, you got several teams who will make a run to the final four..

MickintheHam
07-23-2013, 08:48 AM
I'm with Jeff Shepherd on this one. There are no upper classmen who are shooters. I believe you need clutch outside shooting to win. People undervalue or don't remember the contributions of Doron Lamb.

dan_bgblue
07-23-2013, 09:13 AM
I would say that 15-1 odds against them winning it would be fair. You can also put me in the camp of NCAA tournament experience matters as being important

Rock Hard Ten
07-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Using my 1100th post to predict 40-0!!!

akaukswoosh
07-23-2013, 09:32 AM
People undervalue or don't remember the contributions of Doron Lamb.

Not me. He led the team in scoring through the 6 NCAA games. That's why imo Booker is our most important get for 2014.

GhettoBird
07-23-2013, 09:33 AM
If this team buys in on the defensive end, I believe the rest will take care of it self. 38-2, 37-3. I think we lose early to Michigan state, possibly at UNC, and 1-2 random off nights in the SEC. I think we steam roll the SEC tournery and definitely make the title run. If they do not win the title, I think we will lose in the title game.

Mick, I agree on the shooting, hopefully Aaron Harrison or Young can provide some of that for us.

dtalbersjr
07-23-2013, 09:55 AM
Assuming the trio of Young/Poythress/Aaron Harrison each shoot threes at about 37% or higher, I say 37-3.

I say we do win the national title, but not without a scare to end all scares during the tourney. I'm guessing we'll have a game in the Sweet 16 where we play like freshmen and miss a bunch of FT's and need a break or a late shot to avoid a shocker.

akaukswoosh
07-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Assuming the trio of Young/Poythress/Aaron Harrison each shoot threes at about 37% or higher, I say 37-3.

Poy as the veteran sophomore really, really needs to come through this year with his 3-point shooting.

UKHistory
07-23-2013, 10:20 AM
I always pick UK to win it. Michigan State is a game we could lose. So too is UofL at home. Very excited about taking on UNC in Chapel Hill.

I expect UK to lose four games in the regular season. MSU is one but until I see them, this talented team could be upset by a lesser team (Cleveland State?) and on the road in the SEC: Missouri (?) Florida on the road maybe UT.

I am optimistic. Losing Wiltjer's shooting hurts. Andrew Wiggins would have made this team even more formidable.

But let's go win #9.

ShoesSwayedBlue
07-23-2013, 10:39 AM
We'll win it because our defense will beeeven better than 2012

Darrell KSR
07-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Using my 1100th post to predict 40-0!!!

I like it. Good use of a milestone post.

I will say no, because I always say no. I will pick Kentucky in tournament pools and such, but I will take the field, again.

Sent using Forum Runner

anderwt
07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
People undervalue or don't remember the contributions of Doron Lamb.

Not me. He led the team in scoring through the 6 NCAA games. That's why imo Booker is our most important get for 2014.

Lamb was huge....Harrison and young come in With a Better reputation and better numbers than lamb did from the 3 point line

ukpumacat
07-23-2013, 10:57 AM
I wish I could say "Yes", but I can't. We lack tourney experience and a bit of shooting and I think that gets us in the end. I do think it is going to be one heck of a fun ride though.

Genuine Realist
07-23-2013, 11:28 AM
I'm with Jeff Shepherd on this one. There are no upper classmen who are shooters. I believe you need clutch outside shooting to win. People undervalue or don't remember the contributions of Doron Lamb.

Amen. But good luck to them.

anderwt
07-23-2013, 11:34 AM
Man you all act like James Young, the Harrison twins, JR, and Poythress are brick layers...hell the only shooter you all thought we had was going to freaking redshirt next year..oh and that one team who won it last year, was the worse shooting team I have seen with the NC..UCONn in 2011 couldn't shoot it, ..You guys are acting like that if you don't have a bunch of dead eye shooters, you can't win..defense and rebounding still counts for something

GhettoBird
07-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Defense is the key. If this team commits to it, it will be very hard for teams to score against us. Our lenght at every position is just crazy. Weak side rebounding will be a huge key, b/c we will challenge every shot.