PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who thinks Obama gives a crap about them...

CitizenBBN
07-21-2013, 07:51 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/21/first-family-returns-to-martha-vineyard-for-summer-vacation/

He's going to spend a week in Martha's vineyard at the same time 650,000 civilians in the DoD are going on furlough. Yes he'll stay in a private house, but this trip will cost millions, tens of millions probably. A friend of mine was actually on the island as a tourist one day when he had just been there. Over 200 agents were on the island for more than a month prior to the visit to prep stuff. This link has a pic of him and his daughter bike riding. Great , but the Secret Service has to basically secure the whole place. They have to search along those paths for bombs and booy traps constantly, clear all the staff of any restaurant or shop he'd get near, check out all the homes and their potential guests, it's a massive undertaking. Not to mention the infrastructure of both secret service and national security that has to be toted with him.

More important, it's millions that don't need to be spent. Going to Camp David to get away for a few days costs vastly less as it's already set up. It's always secure, you don't spend millions just to get ready for his arrival. Of course living in the White House is hardly a burden, and they just got back from Africa.

It's a gross insensitivity to Americans.

Maybe when he was 17 he could have been an in trouble teen, but as an adult he IS an elitist who cares nothing for the plight of Americans and has the vacation souvenirs to prove it. He pays it lip service, but you should judge a person by their actions, not their words. Judging by his actions Obama is fine to spend other people's money on whatever cause, but has no intention of cramping his lifestyle for the sake of those same people whose suffering he laments.

dan_bgblue
07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
I betcha that if he did not have all the SS protection, he would be packin.:backtotopic:

badrose
07-22-2013, 06:43 AM
The man's behavior, after all the promises he's made, has been incredibly offensive to anyone who cares about this country. At this point everything out of his mouth is suspect, every action bold with defiance. A 'let them eat cake' elitist if there ever was one.

UKHistory
07-22-2013, 03:49 PM
For many reasons the President has been a disappointment on many levels.

blueboss
07-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Just think of the amount of SS agents needed on the vineyard if he decides to run out for a bag of Skittles..unless of course they know the exact whereabouts of any Hispanics that happen to be on the island... oh no I didn't, after all he's the one that pointed out it could have been him.

jazyd
07-24-2013, 08:37 PM
Won't other me if it is him. As ad as Biden is, I do believe he would at least try to work with congress and get something done vs making speeches and going on vacation

Just think of the amount of SS agents needed on the vineyard if he decides to run out for a bag of Skittles..unless of course they know the exact whereabouts of any Hispanics that happen to be on the island... oh no I didn't, after all he's the one that pointed out it could have been him.

KeithKSR
07-24-2013, 11:27 PM

He has even surpassed the ineptitude I credited him with. He has to be the worst President in the last 100 years.

badrose
07-25-2013, 10:05 AM

Disappointment? He's a predictable disaster.

CGWildcat
07-25-2013, 11:35 AM
Fixed it for ya.....

Just think of the amount of SS agents needed on the vineyard if he decides to run out for a bag of Skittles..unless of course they know the exact whereabouts of any White-Hispanics that happen to be on the island... oh no I didn't, after all he's the one that pointed out it could have been him.

Doc
07-25-2013, 12:19 PM
And yet he not only got elected but also re-elected

dan_bgblue
07-25-2013, 01:08 PM
The press elected him and re-elected him. Votes just filled out the ballots