PDA

View Full Version : Doctors planning exit from profession

badrose
07-21-2013, 11:25 AM
http://www.wnd.com/2013/07/obamacare-has-doctors-planning-exit/

MickintheHam
07-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Well, it's hardly surprising. When I see my doctor next month it will likely be for the last time. He is a quality physician. He's a great listener, something I won't likely get with the next one. He's headed for retirement at the beach. It's about 6 years earlier than planned. He bought a jon boat to put in the bayou behind his house. Nothing too fancy, that's just the way he is. He has 7 children, all will be exiting his payroll this year. They are on notice to get jobs that will support their lifestyles. He plans to work at the local clinic. He says he be there one or two days a week taking fishhooks out of patients fingers.

BigBluePappy
07-22-2013, 08:01 PM
Oddly enough, I go to a lady GP that is from Alabama and she told me that with the changes coming, she is likely to quit her practice and move back home or to Lower Alabama and work at a local clinic or Emergency Care Center.
That will be a loss because like yours, she is a great listener, patient, caring and the fact that she looks just like Aisha Tyler is no small bonus.
She and her husband, also a sawbones and from Alabama, are YOUNG.
I hope not, good doctors that I like are very hard to find.:533:

CitizenBBN
07-22-2013, 09:46 PM
One of my doctors just retired early b/c of it, the other has accelerated his schedule. the one will keep his legal practice (testifies in court cases) but has shut down his patient practice. The other will just retire completely, probably do the light stuff just to stay busy that you guys are describing.

It's socialized medicine straight up, and it will have all the efficiency and compassion of the Department of Motor Vehicles.