PDA

View Full Version : Obama "could have been me"

blueboss
07-19-2013, 02:08 PM
I won't retort with the obvious

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/19/19563211-obama-trayvon-martin-could-have-been-me-35-years-ago?lite

KeithKSR
07-19-2013, 07:11 PM
If Obama were a young black male during his presidency he would have seen black on black murders increase, and the unemployment rate among young black males skyrocket.

CitizenBBN
07-19-2013, 07:32 PM
There are so many responses to that statement I wouldn't know where to start.

Suffice to say when he was 17 Obama was living with his upper middle class white grandparents in Hawaii attending one of the finest private schools in the state. He has no real understanding of an existence like Martin's or his family's and has more in common with me than this young man, and that's no exaggeration.

It "could have been" him I suppose, but no more than it could have been me or anyone else really. It makes the whole statement pretty meaningless, but I admit to a chuckle thinking of 17 year old Obama texting pics of him with his "Nine" handgun given his current view of gun ownership.

jazyd
07-19-2013, 08:03 PM
Citizen, based on what you have told me about growing up and your mom, Obama couldn't relate to you nor how you and your mom had to work for what you got vs getting private schooling and scholarships based on maybe untrue statements and for sure being white-black.

you are way ahead of him in every way.

There are so many responses to that statement I wouldn't know where to start.

Suffice to say when he was 17 Obama was living with his upper middle class white grandparents in Hawaii attending one of the finest private schools in the state. He has no real understanding of an existence like Martin's or his family's and has more in common with me than this youngest man, and that's no exaggeration.
E
It "could have been" him I suppose, but no more than it could have been me or anyone else really. It makes the whole statement pretty meaningless, but I admit to a chuckle thinking of 17 year old Obama texting pics of him with his "Nine" handgun given his current view of gun ownership.

Doc
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
Its amazing that we live in a country where a 17 year old wanna be gangsta can become president, or at least that the reasonable message we can infer

KeithKSR
07-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Its amazing that we live in a country where a 17 year old wanna be gangsta can become president, or at least that the reasonable message we can infer

:lmao:

Seems to be a reasonable inference to me.

dan_bgblue
07-19-2013, 10:34 PM

:sHa_clap2:

Post of the day

TNCat
07-20-2013, 06:31 AM
:happy0030: