PDA

View Full Version : Detroit goes belly up

dan_bgblue
07-18-2013, 04:43 PM
They will not be the last (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/18/detroit-files-for-largest-municipal-bankruptcy-in-us-history/)

Catonahottinroof
07-18-2013, 07:06 PM
It's a rotting cesspool with big government and no tax base....where's the problem? :/

CitizenBBN
07-18-2013, 08:27 PM
This economic wasteland brought to you by big labor, big government and big business. A partnership for America's future.... demise.

jazyd
07-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Democrat party that lies, keeps the poor poor and rotting schools, votes

UOTE=Catonahottinroof;98796]It's a rotting cesspool with big government and no tax base....where's the problem? :/[/QUOTE]

Darrell KSR
07-18-2013, 08:57 PM
Jefferson County, Alabama (Birmingham proper) rejoices that they will no longer be the largest bankruptcy in history.

bigsky
07-18-2013, 11:56 PM
This economic wasteland brought to you by big labor, big government and big business. A partnership for America's future.... demise.

Exactly

KeithKSR
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
I expect California to be the first bankrupt state. Too many freebies become unsustainable and we have reached the tipping point as a nation.

suncat05
07-19-2013, 10:50 AM
When Commiefornia falls, it won't be long for the rest of the dominoes to fall into place. And the destruction of our country will then pretty much be complete. And that's when the fun-n-games will REALLY begin.

Our Congress is responsible for ALL of this. Term limits should have been an intergral part of the Framers platform, but then they had no idea that over time "career politicians" would become the nemesis to America that they have become.

MickintheHam
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM

I completely disagree! It is incompetent and corrupt leadership by the governing council. Having lived through what was the largest municipal bankruptcy ever until this week, those are common denominators in the two largest (and in most I believe). Mayors, councilpersons, city or county managers all over this country are on that take. Government payrolls are bloated by the incompetent leaders hiring their buddies and political cronies.

In Jefferson County, AL, I believe in the last ten years we've had as many commissioners go to jail as stayed out of it. Even the father of one of the four little girls killed in the 16th St. Baptist Church 50 years ago is cooling his sweet little a$$ in the pokey. He is getting close to 90 years old. Former mayor and leading commissioner in the county is doing service to the federal government at the Fed Pen in Lexington. And the corruption doesn't end with the elected officials, it includes the New York City banks who had intermediaries pay for gifts and who cooked up financing schemes that a Wharton School MBA couldn't understand, much less a government worker. Oh, there is plenty of blame to go around. But failed leadership and corruption win the day in this Sweepstakes.

MickintheHam
07-19-2013, 03:09 PM
When Commiefornia falls, it won't be long for the rest of the dominoes to fall into place. And the destruction of our country will then pretty much be complete. And that's when the fun-n-games will REALLY begin.

Our Congress is responsible for ALL of this. Term limits should have been an intergral part of the Framers platform, but then they had no idea that over time "career politicians" would become the nemesis to America that they have become.

Well California has already had a number of cities declare bankruptcy in the last two years. More are on the way. All of the will lead to the devaluation of the US dollar. The US Dollar in just a few short years will not longer be the international currency. More failed leadership in DC.

jazyd
07-19-2013, 08:06 PM
Bingo, at every level of government

QUOTE=MickintheHam;98966]I completely disagree! It is incompetent and corrupt leadership by the governing council. Having lived through what was the largest municipal bankruptcy ever until this week, those are common denominators in the two largest (and in most I believe). Mayors, councilpersons, city or county managers all over this country are on that take. Government payrolls are bloated by the incompetent leaders hiring their buddies and political cronies.

In Jefferson County, AL, I believe in the last ten years we've had as many commissioners go to jail as stayed out of it. Even the father of one of the four little girls killed in the 16th St. Baptist Church 50 years ago is cooling his sweet little a$$ in the pokey. He is getting close to 90 years old. Former mayor and leading commissioner in the county is doing service to the federal government at the Fed Pen in Lexington. And the corruption doesn't end with the elected officials, it includes the New York City banks who had intermediaries pay for gifts and who cooked up financing schemes that a Wharton School MBA couldn't understand, much less a government worker. Oh, there is plenty of blame to go around. But failed leadership and corruption win the day in this Sweepstakes.[/QUOTE]

MickintheHam
07-20-2013, 06:46 PM
[QUOTE=jazyd;99000]Bingo, at every level of government

You are right Jazy, at every level. Congress is being infiltrated with some really sleazy people who will lead this country over the cliff as well. Foreign leaders are preparing for the day when the US dollar is not the international currency. Our Federal leadership is as clueless as the Detroit city council.

dan_bgblue
07-22-2013, 09:11 PM
I mentioned about a year ago that major US cities were just like the insolvent European nations.

Linkage (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/22/detroit-bankruptcy-raises-concerns-about-other-us-cites-under-huge-retiree-debt/)

bigsky
07-23-2013, 01:09 AM
I completely disagree! It is incompetent and corrupt leadership by the governing council. Having lived through what was the largest municipal bankruptcy ever until this week, those are common denominators in the two largest (and in most I believe). Mayors, councilpersons, city or county managers all over this country are on that take. Government payrolls are bloated by the incompetent leaders hiring their buddies and political cronies.

In Jefferson County, AL, I believe in the last ten years we've had as many commissioners go to jail as stayed out of it. Even the father of one of the four little girls killed in the 16th St. Baptist Church 50 years ago is cooling his sweet little a$$ in the pokey. He is getting close to 90 years old. Former mayor and leading commissioner in the county is doing service to the federal government at the Fed Pen in Lexington. And the corruption doesn't end with the elected officials, it includes the New York City banks who had intermediaries pay for gifts and who cooked up financing schemes that a Wharton School MBA couldn't understand, much less a government worker. Oh, there is plenty of blame to go around. But failed leadership and corruption win the day in this Sweepstakes.

Now now

MickintheHam
07-23-2013, 09:51 AM
Now now

Are you a witness for the defense?:sHa_dielaughing:

bigsky
07-23-2013, 11:36 PM
Are you a witness for the defense?:sHa_dielaughing:

I am the defense

dan_bgblue
07-29-2013, 10:48 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/29/why-obama-doesnt-dare-speak-about-detroit/