PDA

View Full Version : Jerry "The King" Lawler

Lfbj00
09-11-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-jerry-lawler-video-20120911,0,1101603.story?track=rss

Was watching last night with my 11 year old son as he has become obssessed with wrestling. Brings back a lot of memories because I watched it religously when I was younger. I always called it a male soap opera!! I knew The King was older, but I had no idea that he is 62!! GET WELL KING!!!!

fastkat
09-11-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't watch this stuff that they claim is wrestling now but way back when I spent many a Tuesday night at the Louisville Gardens watching The King battle Bill Dundee or Jimmy Valliant or anyone else that passed through Memphis Wrestling.

I met Lawler once at Salem Speedway. He was sponsoring a racing in an ARCA race there. I talked to him for five or ten minutes, a real nice that appreciates his fans.

blue2ksr
09-11-2012, 09:08 PM
I don't watch this stuff that they claim is wrestling now but way back when I spent many a Tuesday night at the Louisville Gardens watching The King battle Bill Dundee or Jimmy Valliant or anyone else that passed through Memphis Wrestling.

Dutch Mantell, Eddie Gilbert, Joe Leduc....

CitizenBBN
09-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Jimmy "The Mouth of the South" Hart was my fav to watch. Can't forget King Kong Bundy and the Iron Sheik.

WDRB 41 Louisville broadcast those things. I didn't like it b/c it came on just after cartoons so that was the end of cartoons on Saturday morning, but I still watched it and I did get a kick out of Hart.

The way Lawler and Hart did it, where they made their own antagonist in Hart, was great marketing.

blue2ksr
09-12-2012, 11:17 AM
"The Universal Heart Throb", Austin Idol, Tommy "Wildfire" Rich, and of course, the late Tojo Yamamoto.