PDA

View Full Version : Here is what is troubling to me...

KeithKSR
07-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Thanks to the federal government the young black males in our nation's largest cities are slaughtering each other; yet their is no outcry from the so called civil rights leaders, such as Sharpton and Jackson. I blame the federal government because of the subsistence living conditions that have been created that essentially imprison the poor by providing enough free stuff for these families to exist, but doesn't really provide a pathway that allows people to escape the subsistence living conditions.

Since no pathway exists that allows the urban poor to earn a legal income to escape their circumstances there are few realistic pathways to escaping poverty. For many male youths the only pathway they see as being attainable is the one in which they end up being members of gangs which all too often ends in their deaths in inner city drug and turf wars.

In the past decade the increasing costs associated with going to college are closing that option for the impoverished, as well as a large number of American youths in general.

Doc
07-16-2013, 03:30 PM
You don't make money and get fame by calling out blacks for killing blacks. Sharpton's mantra is racism. He doesn't give it a second glance unless there is some manner to make it racial. Blacks killing blacks isn't something he can make into a racial issue.

I don't see the cost of college being prohibitive. I've always felt that where there is a will there is a way. Student loans etc... are there. Problem isn't the loan, its that kid expect to come out of college debt free. They expect somebody else to pay. They expect to come out of college, graduate and the next day be able to buy a big house and nice car. They expect college to replace practical work experience where you work your way up. They expect to come out as a CEO rather than a college grad with no experience.

But I do agree that there are hinderances to breaking the cycle. IMO it is a product of a dependent society. Take away the ability to be dependent and force people to take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences of those actions and you will see a more productive society.

CitizenBBN
07-16-2013, 05:13 PM
I'll say it outright:

The 50+ years of the "War on Poverty" has been nothing more than a "War on the Poor" that has among many other things turned a large percentage of the black population into a near inescapable underclass in this nation. It has been the most systematically vicious, racist, dehumanizing policy of a government against it's own people short of tolerating ownership of slaves of any free democracy in history.

It has convinced 10s of millions that they cannot survive on their own and must be dependent on others for the most basic of needs, has driven away from them any and all opportunities to better themselves economically through work or education by destroying job creation and education quality, has laid waste to the familial unit, and has left them without hope, without any belief in themselves, and left them defenseless prey to drugs and crime.

it is singularly sickening, and if God is a free market Libertarian who believes in self reliance and rugged individualism then there will be a special place in hell for those who have sold their fellow Americans into a life of what can only be called "welfare slavery". A system where private individuals do not own and completely control and break the will of another human, but where the collective government entity does it en masse, turning capable human beings into illiterate dependents who do not think they can survive on their own. Even worse, they don't even think they "should" survive on their own, and have no desire to be independent of the state that keeps them in their state of poverty and misery.

They have come to find comfort in their chains, and will fight to keep them b/c they don't believe in their souls they are worth more and can be better off without them.

Few sicken me as much as a man like Sharpton, nothing more than a huckster who with the backing of white suburban executives who don't know better and a leftist machine intent on power, is able to undermine black Americans and their future for his own personal gain. he is outraged at something like a black man being able to carry a gun in Chicago to defend himself but has no voice to call out the city officials who have allowed their schools to become useless, driven businesses and jobs away, and allowed gangs and crime to become the de facto governments in large sections of the city.

When he is as outraged about the millions trapped in the war zones of south and east Chicago, and the 1,000s who are killed and wounded there every year as the city does nothing, then I'll believe he gives a crap about anyone but himself, black or white or otherwise. The truth is doesn't care about anyone but Sharpton, as is the case with most any of these "leaders", black, white or otherwise. To me him and Jerry Falwell are just opposite sides of the same sad coin of the Realm.

jazyd
07-16-2013, 05:55 PM
There is also the junco route which is easier to get scholarship money plus pell grants and to find a local job. If a kid can't go own to a full 4 yr school, they can at least have an assoc degree. Also they can get a 2 yr nursing degree at many jr colleges or a good trade which today might be worth more than many 4 yr degrees.

But the Feds want those to stay in poverty and learn to accept all the free goods from "daddy" gov to live, called votes. It is also nothing more than modern day slavery.

The democrat party is mostly to blame for this as they have pushed this garbage for years

You don't make money and get fame by calling out blacks for killing blacks. Sharpton's mantra is racism. He doesn't give it a second glance unless there is some manner to make it racial. Blacks killing blacks isn't something he can make into a racial issue.

I don't see the cost of college being prohibitive. I've always felt that where there is a will there is a way. Student loans etc... are there. Problem isn't the loan, its that kid expect to come out of college debt free. They expect somebody else to pay. They expect to come out of college, graduate and the next day be able to buy a big house and nice car. They expect college to replace practical work experience where you work your way up. They expect to come out as a CEO rather than a college grad with no experience.

But I do agree that there are hinderances to breaking the cycle. IMO it is a product of a dependent society. Take away the ability to be dependent and force people to take responsibility for their own actions and the consequences of those actions and you will see a more productive society.