PDA

View Full Version : The California bonfire police

dan_bgblue
07-11-2013, 01:19 PM
idiots (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/11/california-regulators-look-to-curb-beach-bonfires-citing-climate-change/)

Doc
07-11-2013, 04:16 PM
Its ironic because typically the bonfire crowds are tree hugging, dope smoking liberals hippie types.

jazyd
07-11-2013, 10:17 PM
Hmmmmmm, Hispanic politicians save the day for those illegal yard workers

KeithKSR
07-12-2013, 11:07 PM
idiots (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/07/11/california-regulators-look-to-curb-beach-bonfires-citing-climate-change/)

Says it all.

Darrell KSR
07-13-2013, 08:21 AM
Love this name. From the article:

I would be super bummed if they banned bonfires on the beach because it's such a California thing," said Los Angeles resident Liz Corona. "It's such a fun, social thing to do with friends. And, um, I feel like it's not really doing any harm, so why would they ban them?"

CitizenBBN
07-13-2013, 01:26 PM
I actually love that they're doing this. Some of the impacted people are no doubt the vegan tree huggers who want to ban coal, guns, the South, meat eating and fast food franchises. I'm glad to see some of the silly overreacting rules they promulgate and support come home to roost on their way of life.

ukpumacat
07-13-2013, 09:40 PM
We do it every summer. Lots of different types of people use the bonfires: friends, families especially, church groups, surfers, etc.

CitizenBBN
07-13-2013, 09:52 PM
We do it every summer. Lots of different types of people use the bonfires: friends, families especially, church groups, surfers, etc.

I imagine they're used by people from all over, including out of state. I just like how you know some group of them drove down in their honking SUV, got out their steamed celery and tofu, and sat around lamenting the horrors of coal. I just find it funny.

I can say I may get tired of it if my house were down wind 50' from one, but unless it was put there after I bought it's something I would have known, and given the location something I'm sure I'd use as well.

If I could hack the other stuff (mostly cost of living more than the political stuff) the weather there is unreal perfect. It's beautiful no doubt. My sis in law lived in Corona del Mar for a while, man was it nice.

MickintheHam
07-14-2013, 07:45 AM

You are contributing to man made global warming solely for your selfish puerile joy!