PDA

View Full Version : GOP bill would defund schools with rules against playing with imaginary guns

badrose
07-11-2013, 05:59 AM
Seems silly to have to do this, but that is what it's come to.

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/house/310079-gop-bill-would-defund-schools-with-politically-correct-gun-rules

Doc
07-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Additionally there are attempts to remove the letter "L" from the alphabet due its resemblance to a pistol.

Darrell KSR
07-11-2013, 07:28 AM
Additionally there are attempts to remove the letter "L" from the alphabet due its resemblance to a pistol.

I checked Snopes and that is only partially true. The letter "L" also resembles an assault rifle, you know, one that shoots more than one bullet if you pull the trigger multiple times.

badrose
07-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I grew up watching Combat!, The Lone Ranger, Superman, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, etc. Had a toy machine gun, cap pistols, a Real Nazi helmet that my uncle took off a dead German that was way too big for me but I thought it was cool, a Lone Ranger mask my mom made, tucked a towel down the back of my t-shirt and jumped off the front porch, flying for about a second--just like Superman, played cops and robbers, jail tag, and on and on. Had a blast playing with my friends. At no time did it ever occur to me to actually hurt someone.

People need to get over themselves.