PDA

View Full Version : Live from Egypt

blueboss
07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Sorry I still have problems attaching photo's, this isn't what I had in mind but you get the idea.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/07/19338519-egyptian-military-supporters-flood-tahrir-square?lite

CitizenBBN
07-07-2013, 08:41 PM

Think that's what you wanted. I right clicked on it and selected "open image" (that language may depend on your browser), but that will often give you a page with just the image on it, and you can use that URL to link it here and show up.

Obama has definitely been linked by many in the opposition to the Muslim brotherhood. Don't have to agree with the linkage, but his Ambassador there has been seen as very supportive of the regime, even some of the more radical elements. I can't speak to its veracity, we do have to meet with the current governments of the world, whether liked or not by their people, but it seems clear our best interests lie with the Egyptian military and anti-Islamists, not with the Brotherhood.

blueboss
07-07-2013, 09:33 PM
It mostly comes up with "remote file too large"

CitizenBBN
07-07-2013, 09:46 PM
If it does that, there's a check box to "store image locally". Uncheck that (I think it's unchecking the way it's worded) - you want it to just reference the image and not copy it to the server here. Then it won't care how big the image gets.

badrose
07-08-2013, 06:22 AM
but it seems clear our best interests lie with the Egyptian military and anti-Islamists, not with the Brotherhood.

Based on what I've seen and read, I concur.

Doc
07-08-2013, 01:13 PM
Was that image snapped in Egypt? I fully expect it to eventually be credited to a Tea Party Rally somewhere.

CitizenBBN
07-08-2013, 04:22 PM
Was that image snapped in Egypt? I fully expect it to eventually be credited to a Tea Party Rally somewhere.

Could have been photoshopped of course, but it's supposed to be in Egypt.

BigBluePappy
07-08-2013, 08:11 PM
OT but Doc, I love the new avatar and sig photo.

"What's he doing to Wojo!?"

Dang sir, you just made my day!

blueboss
07-08-2013, 10:00 PM
http://media2.s-nbcnews.com/j/MSNBC/Components/Photo/_new/130707-egyptobama-424p.photoblog600.jpg

Yayyy thanks CBBN, now how do I add a photo from my computer?

CitizenBBN
07-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Great, glad it worked!

When you click that image button there are two tabs on there. one is "from URL" that you just used, but there's another one for "from computer" that will let you upload from your machine to the server. if you get a "too big" error let me know.

blueboss
07-09-2013, 04:48 PM
Great, glad it worked!

When you click that image button there are two tabs on there. one is "from URL" that you just used, but there's another one for "from computer" that will let you upload from your machine to the server. if you get a "too big" error let me know.

Sorry to hijack the thread with this utility issue but Egypt will still be a s&^hole to debate long after I figure this out.

Okay I clicked on my computer and clicked "choose file" which it went to my photo files. I right clicked on a photo and clicked on select. I then clicked on "upload file/s" in the "insert image" block. A block then popped up that said "upload of file failed" ..ugh!

CitizenBBN
07-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hijack the thread with this utility issue but Egypt will still be a s&^hole to debate long after I figure this out.

Okay I clicked on my computer and clicked "choose file" which it went to my photo files. I right clicked on a photo and clicked on select. I then clicked on "upload file/s" in the "insert image" block. A block then popped up that said "upload of file failed" ..ugh!

I'll try to upload one in just a bit and look at the steps it asks me, see if I can figure out what's going on. Don't worry, we can have two conversations on the thread. :)

CitizenBBN
07-09-2013, 05:16 PM
If Obama wants our Egyptian policy to be one that rejects our friends and supports our enemies, then he’s doing an excellent job.

Egyptians have issue with that policy, but you have to watch the network broadcasts closely to see it. A July 7 “Nightly News,” report showed protesters holding two picket signs, one of Ambassador Anne Patterson with “Go Home. You are not Welcome in Egypt Anymore.” Another sign criticized Obama, placing a big red “X” over his face, and including the slogan “Stop Supporting Terrorists,” meaning the Brotherhood. On July 4, NBC’s Richard Engel also noted Patterson was “criticized as too close to Morsi.”

They networks aren’t just covering for Obama, they also covered for Secretary of State John Kerry. Kerry got caught in an embarrassing reveal when instead of helming the ship of state, he was caught helming his yacht at the height of the crisis off Nantucket. State Department denials later proved to be false.

Not that any of the big three networks mentioned it on their newscasts. ABC did include it on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” but only wonks watch that. Obama might be better off working with actress Kerry Washington than former Senator John Kerry. At least the beautiful “Scandal” star acts like she’s in D.C.

Actually, “Scandal,” is the right theme here, as the media cover up another Obama disaster.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/07/09/networks-ignore-obamas-role-in-ongoing-egypt-disaster/?intcmp=trending#ixzz2Yaa452LV

This is consistent with a few other reports I've seen of how Patterson in particular was seen as pro Brotherhood, meeting even with Brotherhood members who weren't official members of the government. That's an obvious move people will see as politically aligning with a certain group regardless of the content of any meetings.

one thing's for sure, if Bush II were in office right now this would be all about how he messed up and what the US did wrong.

Darrell KSR
07-09-2013, 05:19 PM

blueboss
07-09-2013, 07:55 PM
1053.jpg2.08 mbx

I give up the little red icon means "too large"

CitizenBBN
07-09-2013, 08:33 PM
blueboss, email me the picture. info@kysportsreport.com

badrose
07-09-2013, 09:18 PM
Chuck, I often have to put my pics through an extra process to get the pixel count low enough to post them here. That might be the problem.

Darrell KSR
07-09-2013, 09:28 PM
Chuck, I often have to put my pics through an extra process to get the pixel count low enough to post them here. That might be the problem.

Yup. Every pic I post I reduce in size, first for storage, but it also makes for clean uploads. Plus it loads faster for people who have slower computers.

I batch resize all of mine with pictray or faststone or something like that. Both are great.

If I am not at my computer, and just doing one pic, I use picresize.com, which works great.

Darrell KSR
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
1053.jpg2.08 mbx

I give up the little red icon means "too large"

Email the pic to dcartwright@gmail.com. Let me see what the issue is.

CitizenBBN
07-09-2013, 09:54 PM
She sent it to me D. it may also be the browser, etc. so I resized one to 192K for her to test, but I got the same Red X and it's the image size. it's a hair over 2 megs.

blueboss
07-10-2013, 07:24 AM
Why do I have to be a "SHE"?

badrose
07-10-2013, 07:58 AM

Don't feel bad. cattails thought I was one of my models for a long time. Gives you kind of weird feeling, doesn't it? :D

kritikalcat
07-10-2013, 09:24 AM
Speaking of (Osama) Bin Laden, now it is alleged that he wore a cowboy hat when he went outside during his time hiding out in Pakistan. He did this so the brim would hide his facial features from casual onlookers and satellite cameras.

I'm curious, wouldn't a skinny 6'6" man wearing a cowboy hat in the middle of Pakistan stick out like a sore thumb? ... CIA/NSA analyst going over sat photos... "hijab, hijab, burka, keffiyeh, hijab, keffiyeh, 10 gallon stetson...nah, nothing to see there."

CitizenBBN
07-10-2013, 10:10 AM

You can be anything you want. Even without surgery according to the California legislature. :)

Sorry about that.

CitizenBBN
07-10-2013, 10:19 AM
Speaking of (Osama) Bin Laden, now it is alleged that he wore a cowboy hat when he went outside during his time hiding out in Pakistan. He did this so the brim would hide his facial features from casual onlookers and satellite cameras.

I'm curious, wouldn't a skinny 6'6" man wearing a cowboy hat in the middle of Pakistan stick out like a sore thumb? ... CIA/NSA analyst going over sat photos... "hijab, hijab, burka, keffiyeh, hijab, keffiyeh, 10 gallon stetson...nah, nothing to see there."

lol. You would think that would kinda stand out. Wonder if he did the whole get up with the chaps and maybe a Roy Rogers style frilly shirt. Not sure I want that image in my head.

kritikalcat
07-10-2013, 11:39 AM
as long as he wore trousers with the chaps I can handle the image

blueboss
07-10-2013, 06:54 PM
She sent it to me D. it may also be the browser, etc. so I resized one to 192K for her to test, but I got the same Red X and it's the image size. it's a hair over 2 megs.

Anyway the photo I was using to try to figure out how to add a photo was taken in Amelia Island FL where people are either UF or UGA fans...BBN is everywhere

...but I still have not figured out how to add the computer photos, and Egypt is still a sh&^$hole while Obama continues to undermine our great nation.

CitizenBBN
07-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Have you tried to upload the one I sent back?

blueboss
07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
http://www.kysportsreport.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2320&d=1373424568

That worked by pasting the link in the URL box in the "insert image" icon

blueboss
07-11-2013, 05:14 PM

Taaaa-daaaa, looks like I've got it.