PDA

View Full Version : dont forget, 9/11

jazyd
09-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Years pass and people forget or dont' care, but I pray we all remember that day, where we were, what we were doing, how we felt. I won't

Catfan73
09-11-2012, 09:08 AM
It's been 11 years now and I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard that the first tower had been hit.

jazyd
09-11-2012, 03:54 PM
I had just come downstairs getting ready to leave for work, saw the second plane hit and thought what kind of movie did I have on, thought maybe the channel had gotten switched somehow.
Once I realized what it was I was basically frozen for several min, then at work all we did all day was watch the tv and talk to the few customers we had that day. I guess it is like my parents when they heard about Pearl Harbor, burned into their memory.
even watching replays of that day, of the crash, it all seems so unreal. I cannot imagine the horror of those in those planes watching what was about to happen, the screams of the frights. It is just beyond my imagination.
And those that took the plane down in Pa, those were brave men.
The look on President Bush's face as he took it all in while trying to remain calm for those kids, you could see his mind working beyond his eyes.

It reminded me of when I was a early teen, when things were not just right with Russia, at times you would like in the sky to see if one could see any missiles coming down on us. On 9/11 I kept waiting for another attack, and for days after wondering when the next would be and where.

It was also a determing factor for me to leave our church of 23 years. On the Sunday following that day, church's all across the country were packed as people were looking for answers from their pastor or from the pastor of the church they decided to attend that day, even for those who had not been inside a church in years. But at our church, if one had been in a coma the whole time and awoke just in time to come to service, they would never have known about 9/11 from our pastor as he never mentioned it, not one single word. Those that were looking for answers from a man of God, with knowledge of the teachings in the Bible never got one word, nothing. We left shortlly after that for another church.

It's been 11 years now and I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard that the first tower had been hit.

Lfbj00
09-11-2012, 05:41 PM
I remember what UPS was like the days after. We went on a security shut down of course because of the FAA. I was brought in "just in case" because of my higher seniority. Everyone else was told to stay home. No movement at all...eerie seeing all those planes just sitting there in the dark!! I'll never forget that as long as I live.

CGWildcat
09-11-2012, 05:42 PM
When I get home today I'm going to scan a picture taken by a doctor I worked with in CT. He was at a conference that day in the city......to my knowledge its never been published...I'll list it on here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4319106269594&set=a.1644703371193.83055.1645153553&type=1&theater

Lfbj00
09-11-2012, 10:28 PM
You guys are gonna have to remember that some of us don't do the Facebook!! And I really wanted to see it too.

When I get home today I'm going to scan a picture taken by a doctor I worked with in CT. He was at a conference that day in the city......to my knowledge its never been published...I'll list it on here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4319106269594&set=a.1644703371193.83055.1645153553&type=1&theater

jazyd
09-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Amen to not doing facebook

You guys are gonna have to remember that some of us don't do the Facebook!! And I really wanted to see it too.

CGWildcat
09-12-2012, 09:35 AM
let me get to my other computer and I'll post them

CGWildcat
09-12-2012, 04:36 PM

If you want to inbox me your email, I'll be happy to send to you directly.

BigBluePappy
09-12-2012, 08:11 PM
My wife and I had taken my Father-in-Law to the National Quartet Convention in Louisville and were due to take him home to East Tennessee and visit with her sister.
Gold City performed that night and Papa Ball almost tapped his foot and he came real close to clapping. Didn't do it, came close.
We had such a great time with the fellowship and everything and I was on my way home from a bakery with some fresh baked donuts, danish etc.
Then the wife called and told me the first plane had hit and and I rushed home just in time to see the second plane hit.
My world, forever was changed.
God Bless those who died and their survivors, and all Americans, everywhere.

blueboss
09-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Interesting time of post Pappy^^

jazyd
09-12-2012, 10:50 PM
After what happened yesterday in Libya and Egypt I doubt any of us forget this day.
The country I knew grew up is on the brink of becoming the country I 'used' to know.

BigBluePappy
09-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Maybe that is why I kept editing and getting frustrated with it not turning out right.

I pray nothing like this ever, ever happens again, on this soil.