PDA

View Full Version : Citizen, ever eat at Fast Eddies?

jazyd
07-04-2013, 10:28 PM
Ate there last week while in St Louis. Huge honky Tonk bar in Alton, Il. 8 bars in the place...why I figure you had been there. Boiled shrimp, 25 count size, 29 cents, 6 wings..outstanding with Cajun spices, $2.99, 1/2 pound burger .99 cents. They sell lots of alcohol.

CitizenBBN
07-04-2013, 11:29 PM
Fast Eddie's Bon Air. At least when I was out there they claimed to sell more beer than any other bar.

Would love to try it sometime but Alton was a pretty good haul for me when I was in St. Louis, esp. trying to get back after drinking, which of course would be the point. Some guys at the school went once but I didn't go with them. They also hit the strip clubs over around East St. Louis. They were nuts, I wasn't going anywhere near a road trip with them. lol.

Was it any good? Sounds like the wings were at least. I didn't get out much when I was in college, and didn't go far when I did. Hit downtown from time to time, took in a Cards game a few times, hit the Central West End some, then some local places in University City, mostly Blueberry Hill. That's about it. Never even went up in the Arch.

Keep hoping to do a "things I didn't do the first time" trip back to St. Louis, but haven't made it yet.

MickintheHam
07-05-2013, 06:26 AM
Fast Eddie's Bon Air. At least when I was out there they claimed to sell more beer than any other bar.

Would love to try it sometime but Alton was a pretty good haul for me when I was in St. Louis, esp. trying to get back after drinking, which of course would be the point. Some guys at the school went once but I didn't go with them. They also hit the strip clubs over around East St. Louis. They were nuts, I wasn't going anywhere near a road trip with them. lol.

Was it any good? Sounds like the wings were at least. I didn't get out much when I was in college, and didn't go far when I did. Hit downtown from time to time, took in a Cards game a few times, hit the Central West End some, then some local places in University City, mostly Blueberry Hill. That's about it. Never even went up in the Arch.

Keep hoping to do a "things I didn't do the first time" trip back to St. Louis, but haven't made it yet.

I haven't been there much lately but CWE was always a favorite area. Baton Bob was the Queen of Cwe. Great restaurants were in every block. My favorite place to eat was further down on Lindell @ Sarah, a hole in the wall place called Rossino's. Best pizza ever. Best Italian anywhere outside of the hill.

jazyd
07-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Citizen, the food was actually good. Shrimp was good but cooked just tad too long and harder to peel but good.
You were smart not to go to E St Louis.
I did get to ave St Louis pizza twice, love that stuff. And toasted ravioli. Other than the Alton trip I ate with my cousin over in St Charles. Mad Dogs is run by the nephew of Al Bakers, really good.
Mick is right about the Italian food, outstanding