PDA

View Full Version : CBL & Associates to redevelop Sears' space at Fayette Mall

BigBlueBrock
07-03-2013, 09:15 AM
http://www.kentucky.com/2013/07/01/2700452/sears-at-lexingtons-fayette-mall.html

Looks like they bought the space and will turn it into a slew of smaller stores and restaurants that, according to CBL, "are not already in Lexington." Good move, IMO. I don't go to Fayette Mall often, if I can help it, but that Sears was the biggest waste of space there. Some chatter is saying one of the restaurants may be a Cheesecake Factory.

badrose
07-03-2013, 10:03 AM
I love the Cheesecake Factory! It makes me sad how poorly Sears was mismanaged.

BigBlueBrock
07-03-2013, 10:15 AM
I love the Cheesecake Factory! It makes me sad how poorly Sears was mismanaged.

Apart from Walmart and Costco, the big brick and mortar retailers aren't going to survive this new age of online shopping without a massive change in strategy.

kritikalcat
07-03-2013, 02:00 PM
I thought Cheesecake Factory was slated for Summit - the new development recently approved on the Fritz property at the corner of Nicholasville Rd and Man-O-War (across from WalMart.)

When I was in the rental property business I liked Sears for appliances, though in the last year or two I shifted a lot of my buying to AppliancePro (scratch and dent outlet.) Sears was close to my office, prices were decent for appliances suited to low-mid range multi-family housing, they usually had what I needed in stock. The only thing I didn't like was finding a salesperson to help.

blueboss
07-03-2013, 05:57 PM
I thought Cheesecake Factory was slated for Summit - the new development recently approved on the Fritz property at the corner of Nicholasville Rd and Man-O-War (across from WalMart.)

When I was in the rental property business I liked Sears for appliances, though in the last year or two I shifted a lot of my buying to AppliancePro (scratch and dent outlet.) Sears was close to my office, prices were decent for appliances suited to low-mid range multi-family housing, they usually had what I needed in stock. The only thing I didn't like was finding a salesperson to help.

That corner is known as the Fritz property?