PDA

View Full Version : Dog Tales

badrose
07-02-2013, 08:39 AM
I know we've got a few dog lovers here and I just thought some of us would like to share some stories and I'd certainly like to hear some from others.

I'll start off with Diane. She didn't get that name until she was a year old when we got her partner in crime, Sam (yes, after the Cheers characters.) I got her during my separation from my first wife in hope that our kids would have a dog to love and play with after reconciliation.

Diane was small for her breed (Weimaraner) but was a real spark plug, I mean relentless to having things her way. My work days were long then. As store manager for Food Lion I had to open up at 6AM so the deli had enough time to get the services cases set up and I didn't get off until 6PM. Diane hated being alone in the house and it was winter time so I couldn't leave her outside. Needless to say the house would be a mess when I got home. After cleaning up she and I would spend time playing (she liked a little rough play back and forth) and petting until bedtime. I'd put her at the foot of the bed and wake up in the morning with an intense warmness on the top of my head which she's curled around. This went on for some time. At some point I introduced her to THE TENNIS BALL. An obsession was born.

As the weather got warmer we could spend hours of me throwing, and her retrieving, a tennis ball. I got tired long before she would. In fact she never got tired of it until at least a decade later. I could be out on the deck trying to get some rays after considerable time throwing and retrieving, oh, and catching too...she could catch a fastball every bit as good as Johnny Bench. Anyway, I'd stop and settle on the deck face down and she'd plop the ball on my head and roll it into my face. I'd throw it into the middle of a bush at the the other end of the yard thinking that would occupy her for a while. Wrong. I'd have my arms protecting my face so she couldn't drop it in there but she'd find a slight opening and stuff it in with her nose. Annoying and endearing at the same time. Finally, I just put the ball in the gutter and that would suffice for a while.

More later... I've got at least a hundred stories but I really hope you guys will join in.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/314040_223034881086845_406669773_n.jpg

BigBlueBrock
07-02-2013, 09:10 AM
my dog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF_6roYgpaU

when she was a puppy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlfpLvV4JZI

suncat05
07-02-2013, 09:16 AM
Just adorable, BBB!

badrose
07-02-2013, 09:26 AM
She's a hoot! Lots of fun there, BBB.

UKHistory
07-03-2013, 11:04 PM
I have two great dog loves. My first dog Red was the neighborhood dog and I really cared about him. My new dog love is owned by a close friend but he is just a wonderful animal.

His name is Railey and he is a guide dog for my friend. He is this big 6 year old yellow lab who is just a giant puppy. Very well trained but a big kid who loves me as much I love him. I walk him just about everyday and there is nothing quite so great is giving the big guy a hug while he chews on his security blanket.