PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a gun or some ammo for one?

dan_bgblue
06-26-2013, 07:59 PM
The CDC gets to talk to you first. (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/06/26/obama-administration-pushes-new-public-health-research-agenda-on-gun-control/?test=latestnews)

CitizenBBN
06-26-2013, 11:05 PM
It's been a very touchy subject b/c so much of the research has been initiated for and slanted by political concerns. Congress put an outright ban on some kinds of gun research, CDC included, b/c of the obvious political power of having such an entity saying "we need a national gun registry" or even "people who buy ARs are a danger".

Not saying that's what they'll say, but the data that did exist was being twisted so bad they just stopped it. I'd like to see the research done but given how ATF has reported things like the Mexican gun traces (grossly misrepresenting the situation) it's easy to see how such things can turn into paid political advertisements instead of research.

There are lots of questions it could answer both good and bad. Done objectively it could tell us a lot. Personally I doubt it ever gets done b/c now Congress has to fund it and I doubt they will.