PDA

View Full Version : King Obama the First to go after Coal

CitizenBBN
06-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Don't like that Congress won't agree on CO2? Just invoke the Divine Right of Kings and declare war on coal:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/obama-to-unveil-new-climate-regulations-as-adviser-pushes-war-on-coal/

Gun control, coal, what other things were so easy to predict he'd go after in his 2nd term?

Fortunately the Clean Air Act is a bureaucratic mess b/c it means a very long process to implement standards, but if he gets them in place say goodbye to cheap electricity in the South and mountain states.

jazyd
06-25-2013, 03:51 PM
Hope blue see this, he can enlighten everyone and had ruthless Obama is

MickintheHam
06-25-2013, 04:19 PM
We are facing a Constitutional crisis in this country. If these type actions continue, the House and Senate will be impotent bodies, unable to pass any legislation. I am afraid it could be too late. I wonder if the Chinese and Putin, don't already sense that the US is coming apart. Seems that way to me.

dan_bgblue
06-25-2013, 07:48 PM
CBBN, please do not forget he wants to sell off the Tennessee Valley Authority to private interests. From the Mississippi River on the west, to the Ohio River on the north, to the eastern foothills of the Appalachian Mountains on the east, to the Gulf of Mexico on the south, the residents in this geographical area are gonna get kicked in the teeth if he has his way.

bigsky
06-26-2013, 10:30 AM
Next: Only one child per adult as not to increase ghg.

suncat05
06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Next: Only one child per adult as not to increase ghg.

1. What's ghg?
2. Does that one child per adult include ALL RACES? Or would that apply to whites only? Blacks only? Hispanics only? So they'd want government mandated population control, like China imposed on its citizens? And exactly who would be in charge of enforcing that? And if someone did have more than one child, what then? What would happen to any of the parties concerned with that child?
Oh, I can see some real problems with this. This is one of those hot button items that can start some real problems that would not be shut down easily.
Look, neither of my kids is married right now, or even close to it. But when they do make that step I fully expect that grandchildren will at some time become a factor in my life. One that I welcome. But I fully expect that my kids should be able to make their own decisions as to how many children they can afford to raise, not the damn Federal government.
This is just more nonsense from an out of control Federal government that has no legjitimate reason or real legal need to be intruding on my family's right to self determination and individual expression.
I see bad things happening if these people EVER try to make this happen, much less enforce it.

dan_bgblue
06-26-2013, 07:17 PM
ghg=green house gas

bigsky
06-26-2013, 10:15 PM
1. What's ghg?
2. Does that one child per adult include ALL RACES? Or would that apply to whites only? Blacks only? Hispanics only? So they'd want government mandated population control, like China imposed on its citizens? And exactly who would be in charge of enforcing that? And if someone did have more than one child, what then? What would happen to any of the parties concerned with that child?
Oh, I can see some real problems with this. This is one of those hot button items that can start some real problems that would not be shut down easily.
Look, neither of my kids is married right now, or even close to it. But when they do make that step I fully expect that grandchildren will at some time become a factor in my life. One that I welcome. But I fully expect that my kids should be able to make their own decisions as to how many children they can afford to raise, not the damn Federal government.
This is just more nonsense from an out of control Federal government that has no legjitimate reason or real legal need to be intruding on my family's right to self determination and individual expression.
I see bad things happening if these people EVER try to make this happen, much less enforce it.

Well, it was a bit tongue in cheek, a reference to Obama's "only if it doesn't increase ghg" qualifier on the pipeline.

Every person born increases ghg.

Boiled down, I've always thought the global warming thing amounted to 1)an "overpopulated globe" argument, and 2)an excuse for lowering Americans' standard of living.

So you can stay riled, because our grand kids WON'T have the choices we've had.

CitizenBBN
06-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Well, it was a bit tongue in cheek, a reference to Obama's "only if it doesn't increase ghg" qualifier on the pipeline.

Boiled down, I've always thought the global warming thing amounted to 1)an "overpopulated globe" argument, and 2)an excuse for lowering Americans' standard of living.

There's a very strong Malthusian undertone to the global warming (now "climate change" b/c that pesky evidence we aren't warming like predicted made it sound funny) mantra. Just as there was to species extinction, deforestation, etc. All Doomsayer logic and economics is based on the zero sum assumption. It's how they lock in these absurd predictions that never come to pass. You have to assume no substitution, no technological or other answers driven into being by the Mother Necessity created by the situation if it does in fact worsen, it's all ignored.

dan_bgblue
06-30-2013, 07:31 AM
World Ignores Obama Coal War (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/world-ignores-obama-coal-war/?intcmp=obinsite)

Obama doesn’t need Congress to cripple carbon. By expanding the EPA’s standards for new plants to existing plants, Obama will hasten the conversion to fracked natural gas by utilities.

bigsky
06-30-2013, 05:13 PM
World Ignores Obama Coal War (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/25/world-ignores-obama-coal-war/?intcmp=obinsite)

Obama doesn’t need Congress to cripple carbon. By expanding the EPA’s standards for new plants to existing plants, Obama will hasten the conversion to fracked natural gas by utilities.

Btw, natural gas was supposed to be the first to run out, predicted in the 1970's.

Doc
07-01-2013, 12:36 PM

Breathing increases ghg

Farting increases ghg

Plants decrease ghg

MickintheHam
07-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Not only is King Obama crippling coal but he is crippling his own Obama Care.

If you check the Unaffordable Healthcare Act website, you can quickly learn the taxes on coal are expected to provide a disproportionate share of the revenues to pay for the healthcare no one wants to pay for.

It's obvious to me that Pelosi and Obama want to tax coal out of existence. However, you first need to examine the ensuing revenue shortfall for all of your pet programs.