PDA

View Full Version : OK, maybe it's ONE of the purposes...

badrose
06-21-2013, 09:13 AM
http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/06/20/netroots-panelist-unveils-the-real-purpose-of-the-affordable-care-act/

Forget about providing healthcare to millions of Americans. No, according to one Netroots panelist, the purpose of Obamacare is to allow for young Americans to “get laid” without worrying about getting pregnant.

While speaking on a panel about Millennials and abortion at the annual liberal conference Netroots, Mari Schimmer, a field director for Choice USA, told the audience the purpose of the Affordable Care Act is to help those needing birth control to prevent pregnancy.

“But we’re still playing into the hands of the opposition and saying ‘OK, that’s fine. We won’t talk about sex, we won’t talk about needing [birth control] to prevent pregnancy, we won’t talk about people who are sexually active and have a right to be and to not get pregnant if they don’t want to,’” Schimmer said, “and that’s what the purpose of the Affordable Care Act is.”

Doc
06-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I thought Obama care was to make health care affordable so that when somebody had a catastrophic illness, they wouldn't go broke trying to cover the costs. I swear I heard that somewhere.

If you want to "get laid" and not get pregnant, buy your own damn rubbers. Never knew anybody who went broke buying condoms. Closest I've heard of is "broken condoms"

badrose
06-22-2013, 03:32 PM
I think it's the gov't trying to create a new generation of those who feel entitled. The thing is, those who try to be responsible are probably already using them while those who aren't won't bother even if they have a dozen in their pocket. Even if I'm wrong, isn't there a glut of those who feel others should rise to meet their every whim and desire already?

And is it only condoms they're talking about? The Pill, or the morning after pill? What about the generations of those whose only means of support comes through popping out babies?

jazyd
06-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Remember the liberal law student who is around 30 and still in school whoa wants the government to pay for her birth control pills? Ends up speaking at the Democrat convention, she feels entitled

Doc
06-22-2013, 10:55 PM
Remember the liberal law student who is around 30 and still in school whoa wants the government to pay for her birth control pills? Ends up speaking at the Democrat convention, she feels entitled

Sandra fluke is her name