PDA

View Full Version : e mail help

Doc
06-20-2013, 11:57 AM
This is an easy one for you but not me.

I need to create a group mailing list as I am now the president of my son's HS lacrosse booster club and need to send out regular announcements, updates like game rainouts (so it needs to be quick and easy) etc. I have a list of about 80 e-mail addresses individually that came as an attachment to an e-mail and I want to create a group so that in just one click I can have an e-mail sent to the entire group. I've trialed and errorred in an attempt to achieve this but so far its mostly (or all) errorred. I can either use Windows Outlook (what version I don't know) or G-mail. What I am currently sending group e-mails as a "reply all" to previous e-mails but need to be able to permanently edit the list as some players have graduated, dropped off team, etc and the current method means I need to ferret out those names every time. (yes, I can save that etc but its time consuming and I'd rather just have a quick one click and pull up all the active names from a contact group and edit from there-add new names to the list as players are added, or delete as players leave). I have the list currently as a big block of addresses from a cut and past in the address box of a "reply all" so what I want to do is just paste that big block in rather than each address individually. I hope that adequately explains my mission.

Thanks

Darrell KSR
06-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I do it all the time in Gmail, will be a snap for you.

Go to the Gmail icon on the left side of your email screen. There will be a triangle pull down menu for contacts.

After you pull up the contacts screen, look to the left under my contacts. Scroll down until you see the label new group. Click it and label the new group with a name. After you have named it, it should show up under my contacts on the left side of your screen.

Click yet, and then start adding email addresses to it by taking your mouse up to the icon with the person in it . A small box will appear after you click it, and then you can begin adding email addresses their. If they are already in your contacts list, you can wait for Gmail to autofill the addresses for you. There may be an easier way to do it than that, but it will only take you a few minutes even with 80 or so email addresses to add it.

EDIT... You can do it a lot easier cutting and pasting the email addresses in the box where you add the email addresses. I just checked to make sure, and set up a new one with 25 contacts in it that I cut and pasted.

dan_bgblue
06-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Doing it in Outlook is simple as well. If you already have the person saved in in your contacts list you can type in their name and Outlook will fill in the email address and other info for you.

If you do no like the gmaill route Darrell described, let me know and I will take he time to offer the few steps necessary to do it in Outlook

Doc
06-20-2013, 03:17 PM
I do it all the time in Gmail, will be a snap for you.

Go to the Gmail icon on the left side of your email screen. There will be a triangle pull down menu for contacts.

After you pull up the contacts screen, look to the left under my contacts. Scroll down until you see the label new group. Click it and label the new group with a name. After you have named it, it should show up under my contacts on the left side of your screen.

Click yet, and then start adding email addresses to it by taking your mouse up to the icon with the person in it . A small box will appear after you click it, and then you can begin adding email addresses their. If they are already in your contacts list, you can wait for Gmail to autofill the addresses for you. There may be an easier way to do it than that, but it will only take you a few minutes even with 80 or so email addresses to add it.

EDIT... You can do it a lot easier cutting and pasting the email addresses in the box where you add the email addresses. I just checked to make sure, and set up a new one with 25 contacts in it that I cut and pasted.

wow. that was easy. I estimated 80. There were 79. One click, all added.

Darrell KSR
06-20-2013, 08:42 PM
wow. that was easy. I estimated 80. There were 79. One click, all added.

Good.