badrose
08-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Testing....

badrose
08-10-2012, 11:33 PM

BGArms
08-10-2012, 11:43 PM
That's a dang good test badrose!

The image features on here are pretty powerful. Among other things as you probably saw you can upload directly from your computer and it will store it on the site for display.

badrose
08-10-2012, 11:47 PM
That's a dang good test badrose!

The image features on here are pretty powerful. Among other things as you probably saw you can upload directly from your computer and it will store it on the site for display.

The images post small but expand when you click on them.

badrose
08-10-2012, 11:59 PM
This isn't a beta is it? Will current posts and threads here remain on Monday?

badrose
08-11-2012, 12:13 AM

BGArms
08-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I left the thumbnail feature enabled by default. I can adjust the size. It was smaller than that but I like the idea of picture posts not totally throwing off the thread formatting.

We may keep this thread up just for people to practice. I can delete them as well, but this is the same database we'll use for production.

dan_bgblue
08-11-2012, 07:20 AM
Where is the bathroom?:cool:

dan_bgblue
08-11-2012, 07:28 AM

badrose
08-11-2012, 08:13 AM

KSRdallen
08-11-2012, 10:16 AM
I'm on board!

badrose
08-11-2012, 10:41 AM

badrose
08-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Don't forget the "like" option, Chuck. :cool:

LarryVaught1
08-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Let's see if I got this posted. This new technology can get over my head

badrose
08-11-2012, 02:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncb/story/_/id/8241428/ucla-bruins-anthony-stover-dismissed-team-academic-reason

UCLA center dismissed for academic reasons.

Warren
08-12-2012, 02:26 PM
Honey, I'm home!

You've got a buddy in the "make me a sammich" business,
Warren (the M has moved)

CGWildcat
08-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Well this is interesting!48

CGWildcat
08-12-2012, 02:53 PM
another test

CGWildcat
08-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Is this replacing the Scout.com board?

akaukswoosh
08-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Where is the bathroom?:cool:

Jeff Goodman is hogging it.:p

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Is this replacing the Scout.com board?

No sir. Scout will still have the board, just with a new publisher and crew.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Jeff Goodman is hogging it.:p

Hope he stays there.:cool: I will just resort to my Boy Scout training.

CGWildcat
08-12-2012, 03:51 PM
No sir. Scout will still have the board, just with a new publisher and crew.

I feel like I'm missing something then.....what's the reason for this board?

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 04:07 PM

Rainman was publisher of KSR (owner) and recently he and his partners were unable to agree to some things with scout which meant he would no longer be publisher there, so we, the mods and admins have moved here. Rainman started a UK board back in 1996 as an independent site and was eventually lured by scout to become a part of their network. I think we were with them for about 7 years until the disagreements arose.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Hey, I'm here again!!

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 04:54 PM

KSR moved to the Scout network some years ago. Basically Kentucky Sports Report and the Scout network have parted ways. KSR decided after much deliberation to go "independent" for a variety of reasons. That means we can control our own site, all our own content, etc. and focus on UK sports.

That's no knock on Scout but there are things we want to accomplish that we felt required a move. So KSR and Larry have packed up and moved here.

KSR used to be the site for Rivals/Cat's Pause. We were independent before that, then went there and took over their boards. It was KSR who named the House of Blue and built that site from absolutely nothing. Sorry but that's the truth, it didn't have 10 people on it when we arrived. Then KSR went to Scout and started there (it was called Inside Kentucky at that time).

So Scout will operate the boards, bring in people to run them, and KSR will remain KSR but just in a new locale. Essentially Scout just becomes another board in the UK board mix along with us, Rivals, 247, and all the other independents.

This is about my 4th/5th move with KSR over the years. It's been on Rivals, on Scout, and independent. I think this move was made for good reasons that will benefit our members a lot as we move forward.

Bakert
08-12-2012, 05:04 PM
That's a great response and maybe should be pinned or something for those that may not know the entire history. I became aware of the original board a year or two before it went to Rivals and followed there, then to Scout, and now to here. Much to the constermpnation of many. :-)

Doc
08-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Cool beans (great first post)

I will say it sucks that "officially" I have more posts on the Huffington Post than I do on KSR (LOL)

Doc
08-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Can I change my screen name or do I need to start a new account? I want to be either Spoonman, Katman2000 or Heather

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 05:24 PM
No way bakert, you're way behind me on the list of "oh crap he's here again" posters. :)

Some of us have been around a LONG time and know all this history but most don't, nor should they. We were on Scout a long time, a very long time by message board standards.

KSR is the oldest remaining UK site, it started as "Wildcatchat" (which we used as our premy board name) before there was a "world wide web" really. Cat's Pause of course had the print publication but they weren't on the net till way after Wildcatchat had become KSR. Rivals pulled in TCP to do content and KSR to do the message boards. When KSR started the House of Blue (named in a naming contest) it was the first premium UK board IIRC.

The great news is KSR has maintained the goal Steve set out way back when to maintain reasoned, respectful discussion of UK sports. Back then the only internet sports chat was a mire of ugliness. That's why we've never had a smack board, etc.

Well you take that and you merge it with Larry Vaught, the premier reasoned journalist of UK sports (and sports in general IMO, few can touch his professionalism) and it's a great thing.

So we keep trucking along with that mission. The domain name etc. isn't important, just the community and the info, and you can't beat this community or info from Larry.

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Cool beans (great first post)

I will say it sucks that "officially" I have more posts on the Huffington Post than I do on KSR (LOL)

I can fix that for you. We can edit the post counts now. Guess who will finally have more posts than Darrell??? :)

Sure you can be spoonman. Can I be Henry the Eight I am?

I have that thread somewhere in the archives. Glad you posted this, I'll see if I can find it and post it. That's some deep KSR history. I think I have the Reggie Love one too.

Doc
08-12-2012, 05:32 PM
I can fix that for you. We can edit the post counts now. Guess who will finally have more posts than Darrell??? :)

Sure you can be spoonman. Can I be Henry the Eight I am?

I have that thread somewhere in the archives. Glad you posted this, I'll see if I can find it and post it. That's some deep KSR history. I think I have the Reggie Love one too.

Love the Reggie Love photos but liked the ones of Becca Manns better.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Doc can't be Spoonman. I am Spoonman.

I hadn't really thought about how long I had been following you folks around the ether. I remember when you were all at WCC and when the House of Blue came about. Geez I'm old. :mad:

Doc
08-12-2012, 05:39 PM
Anybody recall who the dude was that was from Western Kentucky who literally could not type anything that was coherent? I mean I'm a bad typer and all, I'll skip words and letters, I can't spell, etc...but this guy was hilarious. IIRC he talked a lot about smoking weed.

Then there was Heather. She (although I'm convinced was a he) claimed to be Gail Goodrich's daughter but it was discovered she/he was posting from the computer center at W. KY University.

Bakert
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
I hate to be the one to ask, but I guess someone has to - is the plan for this to be a free site or will there be a fee similar to what we had at the Scout site? Or maybe a fee-per-post? :-)

Darryl
08-12-2012, 05:47 PM
Trying to get used to the new site.

Darryl

jgirl
08-12-2012, 06:09 PM
I have been on the old board through at least 3 or 4 different publishers (just realized that was 13 or 14 years ago!), but if you don't mind, I think I'll stick around with you guys

badrose
08-12-2012, 06:18 PM
I have been on the old board through at least 3 or 4 different publishers (just realized that was 13 or 14 years ago!), but if you don't mind, I think I'll stick around with you guys

That's great! I was hoping you'd stick with us. You've contributed a lot.

TonyRay
08-12-2012, 06:30 PM
Well, new digs I see.

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 06:38 PM

Could not be happier if I tried jgirl. First round is on the house. :)

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 06:40 PM
Trying to get used to the new site.

Darryl

Hey other brother Darryl! Let me know if I can help with anything. This is way powerful but with all those features comes some weirdness. Be sure to put any questions etc. on the thread I pinned on the top of the board.

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Well, new digs I see.

Hope you grow to like them. Good top see you here!

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 06:44 PM

If you stick around, you are gonna have to enter the UN discussions with some of the dirt.;)

Glad you decided to join us!!

TonyRay
08-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Well, it is the start of a whole new sports year and I am itching to get it started.

CitizenBBN
08-12-2012, 06:46 PM
We'll have a premium board that is subscription, but it'll be only $6.95/month, $19.95/quarter, $74.95/annual. Without the scout overhead we just have to focus on covering costs so we can do it less expensively here.

Let's face it, anyone doing this message board thing who is doing it to get rich is crazy. If you can cover the expenses to actually do the reporting and run the servers declare victory and enjoy the place.

Another reason for the move is we can control advertising here and use that to offset costs and let us expand our content offerings. If you have money you can get to more events and cover more stuff, and that's what we hope will happen.

This will let us focus those resources exclusively on Kentucky sports and Kentucky recruits. I think we'll end up with a lot more content and info with the move and still make it where almost anyone can afford to be part of the fun.

Terminus
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
I made it

Kacat
08-12-2012, 06:56 PM
Where ever Larry and Darryl go is the place to be.

UKFlounder
08-12-2012, 07:46 PM
You couldn't lose me that easily...

BarristerCat
08-12-2012, 07:58 PM
You couldn't lose me that easily...

[expletive]

...oh wait...different thread

;)

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 08:04 PM
I made it

Nice ride. Duct tape is some wunnerful stuff:cool:

MickintheHam
08-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Testing
Testing....

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 08:19 PM
Testing

A+

Jeeepcat
08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
the jeeeeeeeep abides!

LarryVaught1
08-12-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanks to all of you who followed us at Scout and are coming over. Loved my time at Scout. Sorry could not say a formal farewell to everyone

Jeeepcat
08-12-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks to all of you who followed us at Scout and are coming over. Loved my time at Scout. Sorry could not say a formal farewell to everyone

la familia!

BigBlueBrock
08-12-2012, 09:03 PM
I'm back early because of this whole Scout deal. I may take back off until my planned returned time of October once I see how things settle down. But, for the moment, hello again, everyone. How's your summers been? :)

dan_bgblue
08-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Good to see ya BBB!

My summer has been HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and very busy, which is a good thing. Family has their health and jobs, so we are golden.:D

Catonahottinroof
08-12-2012, 09:15 PM

I've never seen Kentucky look so good...

Catonahottinroof
08-12-2012, 09:17 PM

Same here....

GhettoBird
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm here. Looking forward to the new digs. I have moved with you guys every time. Love the new pricing.

ShoesSwayedBlue
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I've never seen Kentucky look so good...

Kind of difficult to read, but after staring long enough I managed it. ;)

BigBlueBrock
08-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Kind of difficult to read, but after staring long enough I managed it. ;)

Yeah, the white background is a bit harsh on my eyes.

Doc
08-12-2012, 10:08 PM
I posted this in another thread but thought it was here. I've not noted any way to move a post from one thread to the intended one so I'll cut and paste here (so it if looks familiar, it is)

Am I to assume Brian is staying with Scout? I got that impression reading Jeff's welcome piece. If so, I'll give a :( emoticon. Way back when, I first pushed Brian to become more active in the site and suggested he join the "staff" of KSR. I initially met him on a KSR get together in Columbia, SC. At that time he was engaged to his first wife, so that gives you a time frame. That was a nice trip for me as I got to meet several KSR folks from Badrose who I have developed a nice friendship with, Matt Jones, PJ (whom I miss), Old Don (whom I also miss), Dave "KingCat" Clark and his brother in law who's name I forget and a few others.

For those debating on rather to stay with this KSR or staying with the Scout/Fox, I'll say that much of the attraction for me is the people. I've met many folks in person over the years and there is only one example of a person who I'd not invite into my home as a guest. (don't ask who that exception is because I won't answer other than to say its not somebody who is still active so it does not matter). I've also met many over the years that did not follow the moves, including Jeff Drummond. He is a stand up guy and I wish him nothing but success in this endeavor. However I've followed this group for years and met most in person including Steve (Rainman), Babs (another that I sorely miss), Darrell (the lawyer one), and Larry. As I stated above, I'd call Badrose a friend. Ditto for Brian, Mick and Jazy...all people I have had the pleasure of shaking their hands. I'm wondering a bit about Mike Sullivan (another I've met although he didn't know who I was at the time) whether he is moving as well. Not had the pleasure of meeting Chuck or Keith in person but will eventually, something I look forward to. Ah, but I've drifted off topic....

My hope is this new home is as good or better than the previous ones. In the olden days, the technology sucked but we managed. It would take 5 minutes for the board to load and you would lose connection all the time (or at least I did). Hell, the first time Rainman's site moved they didn't tell me and it took me months to find them again via an internet search that they showed up on. Its the second time in my life somebody moved and didn't tell me (the other time was my parents..LOL...I don't know if either were intentional). I'll say with Larry doing a lot of the work here, it will be what everybody is accustomed to. Larry is a very respectful person, even in the flesh. One of my favorite times was a get together with him, his lovely wife Penny, Mick's daugthers Katie....oh, and Mick was there too :). Its times like that that make the decision for me easy. I don't think the "information" at any one site is better because you get it all anyway. Chuck will do a great job with the computer stuff but to me that isn't the draw. Bell and whistles are nice but what is important to me is the personal interactions and like any person interaction, the more you put in the more you get out. It will take awhile for those who want to migrate to do so but getting in on the ground floor is important to me.

Jeeepcat
08-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Yes Brian is staying.

BarristerCat
08-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I've met many folks in person over the years and there is only one example of a person who I'd not invite into my home as a guest. (don't ask who that exception is because I won't answer other than to say its not somebody who is still active so it does not matter).

Doc, I've already promised that I'll actually wear clothes if you invite me over. What more do you want from me? :p

Seriously, though, that was a great post. I really enjoyed reading it. The people certainly make the board and I'm really glad to see that it seems like most of the folks that made the Scout site great seem to be popping up here as well. It certainly did seem to me that Brian will be staying on the Scout site. That is certainly regrettable. I always enjoyed his posts and info.

Doc
08-12-2012, 10:30 PM
A few I forgot to mention (and not meant to be a slight) include Dave Allen (who either owes me lunch or I owe him, I forget) as well as Eric (bigblue). An oldie is OrlandoCat who some might recall. Also met BigSky who have relatives who live(d) near me. He and his family were visiting and we met up to watch a few UK games (UK was playing in NYC and they lost on that blown call involving Tay). Coincidently, Dave Allen worked at a drug store that was about 100 yards from my house.

BudCat_upthecreek
08-12-2012, 10:35 PM
is it working Jeeep??????

BudCat_upthecreek
08-12-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm here just got home so I just looked.

Padukacat
08-12-2012, 10:39 PM
I just wanted to say i posted on the first thread....im here so you guys can rest easy about whether or not i was coming over in the move.

Honestly i was worried you were talkin about me being the incoherent one from w ky! Doesnt look like me though so thats good. Cant wait to be on the new journey fellas!

Doc
08-12-2012, 10:47 PM
I just wanted to say i posted on the first thread....im here so you guys can rest easy about whether or not i was coming over in the move.

Honestly i was worried you were talkin about me being the incoherent one from w ky! Doesnt look like me though so thats good. Cant wait to be on the new journey fellas!

Oh, no. The incoherent one was a hoot. I mean I'd spend 10 minutes trying to decypher what he was saying. I mean it was classic in a bad way. I can't for the life of me recall his handle, and its not somebody who still posts.

PJ4UK
08-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Yes Brian is staying.

Brian is under contract with Scout. He had to stay.

Jeeepcat
08-12-2012, 10:55 PM
Brian is under contract with Scout. He had to stay.

Exactly - and I hope he gets to keep his gig as long as he likes

Jeeepcat
08-12-2012, 10:56 PM
is it working Jeeep??????

What's broke? LOL

PJ4UK
08-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Exactly - and I hope he gets to keep his gig as long as he likes

Meee, tooo!!! But I sure will miss him!!

Doc
08-12-2012, 11:24 PM
As I got thinking about who I forgot concerning posters I've met in person, I suddenly "remembered" Jamie. He was a professional rassler. Met him in Columbia as well IIRC. DOn't recall his full username though but it was BBsomething. He was a hoot. Wonder where he drifted off to?

CGWildcat
08-13-2012, 12:30 AM

I just want everyone to know this picture is NOT me..... :p

Critter
08-13-2012, 12:32 AM
Hey Guys, Kevin Crider here....I don't check in for a little while and you guys move out!

PJ4UK
08-13-2012, 06:24 AM
As I got thinking about who I forgot concerning posters I've met in person, I suddenly "remembered" Jamie. He was a professional rassler. Met him in Columbia as well IIRC. DOn't recall his full username though but it was BBsomething. He was a hoot. Wonder where he drifted off to?

Jamie Phillips....BBP (Big Bad Phillips). He's still with us, Doc. He's like me...kinda on the fringe lately. He is signed up here now as akaBBP. Our core group really sticks together. :)

cattails
08-13-2012, 07:22 AM

I just got hit by a truck and all my friends have moved to a new site, yes what is the reason for the new board?

Carolinawildcats
08-13-2012, 07:34 AM
This is a test thread

Test.....I hate tests :)

Peace

Richard (CW)

Padukacat
08-13-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey Guys, Kevin Crider here....I don't check in for a little while and you guys move out!

I blame you for this, you signed me up way back when! Looks like everybody is here. Mj

Jeeepcat
08-13-2012, 08:52 AM

I know man. I feel bad for anyone who hits the Scout page today they are going to seriously be thinking they are at the wrong place. I am still trying to make sure regulars know what's going on with PMs. Goodness knows that they aren't going to find out in any thread over there.

KSRdallen
08-13-2012, 09:10 AM
A few I forgot to mention (and not meant to be a slight) include Dave Allen (who either owes me lunch or I owe him, I forget) as well as Eric (bigblue). An oldie is OrlandoCat who some might recall. Also met BigSky who have relatives who live(d) near me. He and his family were visiting and we met up to watch a few UK games (UK was playing in NYC and they lost on that blown call involving Tay). Coincidently, Dave Allen worked at a drug store that was about 100 yards from my house.

Definitely a small world! It's your turn for lunch. I treated at UNO's the last time. Hope to get back to FL sometime to connect again.

badrose
08-13-2012, 09:19 AM
I just got hit by a truck and all my friends have moved to a new site, yes what is the reason for the new board?

Someone's 5-yr old kid had a leaky diaper and got in the pool...AGAIN!

Rainman
08-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Great work on the new digs, Chuck. Even an non-tekky like Larry can work with this well. I like it.

BigBlue92
08-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Made it. Thanks for the mention, Doc.

I posted this in another thread but thought it was here. I've not noted any way to move a post from one thread to the intended one so I'll cut and paste here (so it if looks familiar, it is)

Am I to assume Brian is staying with Scout? I got that impression reading Jeff's welcome piece. If so, I'll give a :( emoticon. Way back when, I first pushed Brian to become more active in the site and suggested he join the "staff" of KSR. I initially met him on a KSR get together in Columbia, SC. At that time he was engaged to his first wife, so that gives you a time frame. That was a nice trip for me as I got to meet several KSR folks from Badrose who I have developed a nice friendship with, Matt Jones, PJ (whom I miss), Old Don (whom I also miss), Dave "KingCat" Clark and his brother in law who's name I forget and a few others.

For those debating on rather to stay with this KSR or staying with the Scout/Fox, I'll say that much of the attraction for me is the people. I've met many folks in person over the years and there is only one example of a person who I'd not invite into my home as a guest. (don't ask who that exception is because I won't answer other than to say its not somebody who is still active so it does not matter). I've also met many over the years that did not follow the moves, including Jeff Drummond. He is a stand up guy and I wish him nothing but success in this endeavor. However I've followed this group for years and met most in person including Steve (Rainman), Babs (another that I sorely miss), Darrell (the lawyer one), and Larry. As I stated above, I'd call Badrose a friend. Ditto for Brian, Mick and Jazy...all people I have had the pleasure of shaking their hands. I'm wondering a bit about Mike Sullivan (another I've met although he didn't know who I was at the time) whether he is moving as well. Not had the pleasure of meeting Chuck or Keith in person but will eventually, something I look forward to. Ah, but I've drifted off topic....

My hope is this new home is as good or better than the previous ones. In the olden days, the technology sucked but we managed. It would take 5 minutes for the board to load and you would lose connection all the time (or at least I did). Hell, the first time Rainman's site moved they didn't tell me and it took me months to find them again via an internet search that they showed up on. Its the second time in my life somebody moved and didn't tell me (the other time was my parents..LOL...I don't know if either were intentional). I'll say with Larry doing a lot of the work here, it will be what everybody is accustomed to. Larry is a very respectful person, even in the flesh. One of my favorite times was a get together with him, his lovely wife Penny, Mick's daugthers Katie....oh, and Mick was there too :). Its times like that that make the decision for me easy. I don't think the "information" at any one site is better because you get it all anyway. Chuck will do a great job with the computer stuff but to me that isn't the draw. Bell and whistles are nice but what is important to me is the personal interactions and like any person interaction, the more you put in the more you get out. It will take awhile for those who want to migrate to do so but getting in on the ground floor is important to me.

thedeerehunter
08-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Sooooo, wonder what happens if I mention this board over there???

Jeeepcat
08-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Sooooo, wonder what happens if I mention this board over there???

You will likely get vaporized LMAO

Evan is certainly "spinning" this. He's acting as thought only 2 or 3 people left.

badrose
10-21-2017, 09:23 AM
Someone's 5-yr old kid had a leaky diaper and got in the pool...AGAIN!

I've no idea how I came up with that! I clicked on "last thread" on a whim and got a little nostalgic. IMO the move here was genius.

Padukacat
10-23-2017, 10:31 PM
Man five years? Wow

CitizenBBN
10-23-2017, 10:54 PM
I remember it well. Was right around my 21st birthday. :)

Padukacat
10-23-2017, 11:00 PM
I remember it well. Was right around my 21st birthday. :)

You're getting two heavy drinking nights confused

CitizenBBN
10-23-2017, 11:30 PM
You're getting two heavy drinking nights confused

If I did that I'd get them all confused. Oh, wait... nevermind.